Monday, October 18, 2010

No better time to start...

 This weekend finally brought cool temperatures and the fall rains to northern California. With the change in weather, I found myself rummaging through closets for cuddly clothes and craving soul warming treats. As luck would have it, the Half Moon Bay Annual Pumpkin Festival was scheduled for the weekend! So I wrapped the baby, the daddy, and the dog in snuggly duds and hit the road for the coast. We took a slightly round about way of getting to Half Moon Bay, but had some great child friendly dining experiences along the way!

Our first stop was lunch with family in Capitola at the Paradise Beach Grill. It was a great stumble
-on-in discovery! They describe their menu as island style meets California cuisine. They are committed to using regionally sourced and sustainable ingredients. The interior is welcoming and seasonally festive. Jack (my baby boy) was extra 'talkative' but the restaurant noise level seemed to buffer it just enough so it wasn't too bothersome to the other guests. And their children meals are served on frisbees which are the child's to keep-how cute is that?! Our table definitely enjoyed our food and the exprience as a whole.

Below is my personal rating system from 1 (I could have pulled my hair out) to 5(I wanted to give hugs and high-fives) and some other important details...
Food: 3
Service: 3
Child friendliness: 4
Best dining time:Lunch and Early dinner
Baby changing station: Yes
Restaurant website: http://paradisebeachgrille.com/




 Capitola Coast
 Jack, Luma and me about to stroll on the Capitola pier
 Cute and funky beach rental houses enjoy sand at their door step.
Paradise Grill's waterfront dining

1 comment: